Monday, October 4, 2010

The Virus!

Before i start my blog post, I would like to congratulate Mr.Llama on his new phone :D

Now on my previous post, I said that my computer was infected by an undetectable virus, it was pretending to be an anti-virus that would literally force you to install it.

Then as I have no choice, I installed that effin virus, after its installed, my computer restarted, and after that, my startup had a new scanner, it was the "Anti Spy Safeguard" splash screen, It will force you to scan your computer with it. now again I have no choice to do this, after the scan, It will say that there's a bunch of application that is infected by a trojan virus.

The good news is it can be removed, bad news is you have to buy the full version of the said "Antivirus".

Then, I rushed over to the nearest computer shop to research about the virus, (its preventing me from accessing the net, when I click my net browser, it says that it is infected and I should purchase the full version blah blah).

I happen to went to my friend's computer shop, there I researched like crazy, thinking of what I should do, then my friend told me about "System Restore", I searched about it, and saved the walkthrough page on my flash drive.

When I went home, I followed the instruction, but unluckily...

System Restore is also infected...

I went "WHAT THE EFF!!", then, I remembered the "Safe Mode" of windows, I tried this and luckily I gained access of the System Restore function.

:D thanks to that knowledge, oh and the virus was named "heuristic module" of some sort, so be careful downloading an .exe file from some random webpage!

2 comments:

yes, be very careful downloading anti-virus, for they also the one creating those viruses to sell their products.

WOW! You are really an IT Dude. You have a bright future coming your way! Keep it up.

Thanks for the Link Love! Will do the same too. :)

Post a Comment